Blue Dog Art & Design

Friday, December 16, 2005

Today She Was Wearing a Down Coat



I thought I would update you on Tuesday's post. My friend and her co-workers across the street, have been keeping an eye on the young girl at the bus stop. One of the co-workers has a 13-year-old daughter for which she had bought a down coat. The daughter didn't like the coat, so the co-worker brought the coat to work for the young girl. Each day the co-worker attempted to take the coat to the girl, but just as she got outside the school bus came. She did not want to embarrass the girl in front of the other kids on the bus, so she turned back inside.

This morning the roads were icy, so I didn't rush to get to work and therefore missed seeing the girl at the bus stop. When I finally made it in to work, I had an e-mail waiting from my friend saying that they had given her a new coat. I called her and she told me that this morning the girl was back to just the black sweatshirt, but that they had taken the down coat out to her before the bus came. She accepted the coat and immediately put on the coat. The girl thanked them and was very appreciative.

Today, after lunch, I bought her a hat, scarf and gloves to match the coat. My husband had lunch with me so on his way home he dropped the gloves etc., at my friends office and hopefully they will be able to see her coming off the bus this afternoon and get them to her before the weekend.

I don't know why this girl has struck such a chord with me--and continues to do so--but at least she'll be warm now.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home