Blue Dog Art & Design

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

XM Radio + iPod = Bliss

Alright kids. Blogger or perhaps my workplace has been giving me trouble and I haven't been able to post and in some instances comment. It's probably only a matter of time until I'm busted for blogging from my office. Trust me you have to "eff-up" far worse around here to get canned. Two words: Brain Trust. But I digress…

XM has added a new channel "Big Tracks". This channel is hilarious. I was listening driving the kids to daycare this morning and David Bowie "Rebel Rebel" came on the channel. I crank the volume and proceed to rock out. My kids are just looking at me from the back seat wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I guess I have not played enough Bowie for them yet. The two-year-old loves AC/DC "Back in Black". Watching kids try to immitate mommy head banging while strapped into their car seats is great entertainment. Arms and legs flying everywhere as much as a five-point harness will allow. After I dropped them off I heard Eddy Money "Shakin'" and Quarterflash "Take Me To Heart". They have dubbed the channel "Classic Rock for Our Generation". The station is seriously bringing back memories from high school and college. Yeah, I know to some of you I'm wicked old. I'm OK with that. Lita Ford w/Ozzy Osbourne "Close My Eyes Forever" is on the channel now. LOL!

Now, I finally got an iPod and am currently obsessed with ripping my CD collection and figuring out what playlists to create.* I downloaded some wonderful songs from Fictional Rockstar today and found the songs to be quite wonderful. Kudos to you MA! I have yet to actually purchase anything from iTunes, but have started a list for that too. I have a 20 song iTunes gift certificate from one of my vendors and I'm hoping to use it soon. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to at least download a U2 video just because I can. I seriously have to get the AC adapter because I'm burning up the battery listening during the day. Thank you to everyone for your helpful accessory suggestions.

Right now I have to head into a meeting, you know so I don't get fired for blogging. Oh yeah, one more thing...between the XM and the iPod and my swell noise cancelling headphones, the Brain Trust is almost non-existent. Ha!

*Jaded, although it may seem that way, I have not forgotten about my task.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home