Blue Dog Art & Design

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween Monday



OK, I know, I know. I've been slow to blog lately. I've been trying to stay on top of my work in order to be ahead for the holidays. I've been getting the kiddies ready for Halloween and I made a bracelet for Jaded. We have been away most weekends lately and that means, I'm behind on laundry, etc. at home too. There just are not enough hours in the day...

Above are some recent fused glass pieces. The two long skinny pendants are my favorite and the great thing about some of the glass and the way that it comes out of the kiln is how it looks different on different colors. Above they are obviously on a white background. I also scanned the two long pendants on black so you can see the difference it makes:


Now you can see more of the dichroic color and pattern. Very fun! I fired nine, that's right, nine more pieces last Tuesday and I'm looking forward to seeing how they come out when I go to class tomorrow night.

What else to update you about? The U2 concert was awesome as usual. This was my seventh time seeing U2. Yes, I love those Irish boys! Bono had a bit of a cold, but still managed to give a great show. My husband doesn't share my love for all things U2, so my friend Jenni went to the show with me. We met downtown for dinner and then headed over to the MCI Center for the show. Damien Marley was the opening act. For as much as I love U2, I have never cared for their opening acts and Marley was true to the trend. Reggae is just not my scene. I had really hoped that Keane would be the opening act for DC, but no such luck. Anyway, Jenni scored floor tickets from her radio station, so we entered through general admission. Unfortunately, our tickets did not get randomly selected to go to the inner circle of the stage. We hung out on the floor for a while, but once U2 took the stage, we couldn't see a thing, so we headed upstairs to my reserved seats in section 417. We were up fairly high, but close to the stage and I could see my man Bono, so I was much happier. All in all, in spite of Bono having a cold, the show was great and U2 did not disappoint. They even had the audience sing "Happy Birthday" to Pavarotti, who the band originally recorded "Miss Sarajevo" with several years ago. Bono said that he would send a tape of it to Pavarotti and he hoped that he wouldn't blow the Italian portion of "Miss Sarajevo", since Pavarotti would give him a hard time about it.

We were again out of town this past weekend. While the in-laws took care of our boys, the hubby and I spent Saturday wandering around State College and then watched Penn State beat Purdue! It was a great game and it is SO exciting to be at a game when Penn State is doing so well this year. The stadium was literally hopping! GO STATE!!!!

We have a birthday here today at the office and then we are taking the boys "trick or treating" this evening. It will be a first for both of them. The craziness continues...

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you had a blast!

    I couldn't get INXS tickets, even though I got an invitation for the advanced sale... I didn't have time to do it early in the day, and by the evening, they were sold out, 3 days before they went on sale to the general public. It's for the best anyway... I'm singing at the wedding of one of my students that day, and it would be somewhat inappropriate for me to leave the reception early. Still, if I'd gotten the tickets, I'd have left early!

    The glass is beautiful!!

    Have fun trick or treating... this will be the 2nd time Jadette has gone. Last year she made it to about 6 houses and then wanted to come home, lol. I'm hoping she makes it a tad farther this time around. The whole neighborhood gets into it... everyone dresses up. I'm gonna be a witch this year, and Mr. Jaded is the black knight from Monty Python...complete with the severed arm.

    By Blogger Jaded, at October 31, 2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home