Blue Dog Art & Design

Thursday, January 12, 2006

OK, So Far 2006 is Just Not Going Well

So, aside from Penn State winning the Orange Bowl in triple overtime on January 3rd, 2006 just isn't going all that well.

I can't remember a time when so many bad things have happened seemingly all at the same time.

I posted about some of the things earlier this week, but ended up for certain reasons, removing the post.

Basically, bad things are happening all around me to people that I really care about. A friend has lost her job. A baby was born with potential brain damage. Someone I know was viciously attacked and almost killed. This morning I found out that a dear former co-worker has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. My elderly neighbor was just taken out of his house by ambulance.

I talked with a college friend today with whom I used to work. I called to tell her about our former co-worker with the Alzheimers only to learn that my friends 2006 has been going about as well as mine. Her neighbor's brother was killed. Her aunt died yesterday and today she found out that her dog has cancer.

We are only 12 days into 2006. What the hell is going on here?

6 Comments:

  • I'm hoping that all of this is residual crap from 2005. The Chinese New Year is where it's at right now.

    By Blogger m.a., at January 13, 2006 9:47 AM  

  • I dunno, but my year is mucked up right now, as well. From reading other blogs, it would seems everyone is in the mud.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at January 14, 2006 5:45 PM  

  • My year didn't start out horribly, but it didn't start out all sweetness and light either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it just gets better. Ugh.

    Sorry you're going through so much.

    By Blogger Jaded, at January 15, 2006 1:23 PM  

  • So much for things happening in threes. Hopefully, you (and the people you care about) will have a turnabout of luck.

    peace

    p.s. We want the lion. We want the lion.

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 17, 2006 5:57 PM  

  • I'm so sorry, I hope that everything gets better soon! I assume (hopefully) that it can only get better, right?

    By Blogger erl, at January 17, 2006 8:17 PM  

  • MA-Great idea. I shall look to the Chinese New Year.

    Cube-Yes, the misery seems to be widespread. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

    Jaded-Thanks.

    Lowe-Thanks. We LOVE the lion.

    ERL-Thanks. Unfortunately, the road to recovery is going to be long.

    By Blogger Blue Dog Art, at January 18, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home