Blue Dog Art & Design

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Quick Update

First let me say that you all have been great today. Thank you all so much for your kind and supportive thoughts.

I was uneasy going in to work. I was up at 4:30 a.m. thinking about how I was going to do it and what I could possibly say. I ended up googling "resignation letter" and found some good samples to modify for my needs. I printed two copies and waited for them to show up and get their coffee. I was nervous going into my boss' office. I still didn't know what to say, so I said, "I've thought about it and there's no easy way to do this and handed them both my letter. My diredt boss was surprised but not completely shocked. I guess it is a sign of a good manager when he knows you aren't exactly in the right place with things. He knew that I was feeling like I'm in a creative rut. He's pleased that I stayed as long as I did and I'm sure he's sorry to see me go. They are happy that I've found a good opportunity and want me to do what's best for me, which I guess is all I could ask from them. The first thing the director asked was if my personality conflicts [brain trust]was the reason I was leaving. My reply was "No that's not the main reason, but it didn't help the situation." Ha! For once the right thing to say came to me on cue instead of in hindsight!

So my dear cyber friends, my last day is slated for Sept. 15th, but I might take a few of the last days as vacation if I can get enough work finished. I am slated to start the new job on Sept. 18th. The new job is going to be a higher volume of work and more deadline sensitive, which will cut into my blogging time, but I'm excited to do different work and ready for the challenge.

Alright, I've got Grey's Anatomy on pause, so I'm off to indulge in some mind wasting TV. I'm off with the boys to Philly for our niece's birthday party this weekend. The boys are excited to go to a pool party. Have a great weekend everyone and THANKS AGAIN!!!

7 Comments:

  • Congrats! I'm so glad that it went smoothly-- and now you have a new job to get excited about. Woohoo!

    By Blogger mysterygirl!, at August 25, 2006 9:00 AM  

  • Congrats! Wow, I need to check on everybody's blogs more often. I've been a total slacker or I would've commented earlier!

    I love Old Town Alexandria. Just figured I'd mention that.

    By Blogger Maki, at August 25, 2006 12:21 PM  

  • Hope you get that vaca time...it's so worth it!

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at August 27, 2006 1:38 PM  

  • Enjoy your break, but don't forget to keep me (well, us) updated!

    By Blogger m.a., at August 27, 2006 7:12 PM  

  • Good luck with your new employment.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at August 28, 2006 8:33 AM  

  • MG!- I am excited about the new job! Thanks.

    Maki-Thanks and next time you are in town, let me know.

    Playful-First, I'm behind on updating your link, will do it soon. Second, I took Friday off and I'll probably knock off one or two more vacation days before I start the new position.

    MA-I'm not going anywhere. The new job will just be more deadline oriented, which means less time to spend on the Internet during work hours.

    Cube-Thanks! I will let you know how it goes.

    By Blogger Blue Dog Art, at August 28, 2006 9:24 PM  

  • DUDE! I gotta start coming up for air more often! CONGRATULATIONS!

    Seriously, if the office has been through a lot this year, so have you. Good for you for doing this.

    By Blogger BostonPobble, at August 30, 2006 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home