Blue Dog Art & Design

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well, where do I start?

I have been off the radar for the last week, mainly because my littlest one came down with chicken pox. Yes, chicken pox and yes, he had a vaccination. The vaccination doesn't guarantee that he won't get it, but it does minimize the effects. He's only had about 8 spots and it has not slowed him down at all. In fact he's been his usual self.

We thought that we would have to cancel our trip to PA for a family reunion last weekend, but the family rallied and called everyone and decided that we should still go, so we did. I still took last Wednesday off because We didn't find out about the chicken pox until Wed. night. We had been slated to leave for PA Thursday morning, but had at that point decided not to go. I decided to go to work on Thursday and my husband stayed home with the poor poxed one. We made the last minute decision to go Thursday night. I'm glad we ended up going to the reunion in PA after all. I met many of my husbands relative for the first time and it was pretty fun. We also surprised my mother and father-in-law with a cake for their 40th wedding anniversary. All in all it was a nice weekend.

Monday morning however, I still didn' t like the looks of a few of the remaining spots and decided to keep the little one home yesterday and then again today. I am wiped out! He's three years-old and was not slowed down at all by the chicken pox.

Also, today, my hubby left for a fishing trip in Wyoming that has been planned for months. My dear sick coworker was to have gone along, but as you know he's going through his cancer treatment. I'm proud of my husband for deciding to go ahead with the trip and even to go alone. He'll be back Friday.

Still no sign of the pox on the oldest. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he won't get it too. The gestation is around 14 days, so if he's going to get it, we should start seeing the rash come this weekend.

I am so slammed at work it isn't even funny. I brought work home with me, but just can't do anything with a three-year-old running around.

I have been talking more with my friend who wants me to come work for him and the deal is looking very appealing. Nothing set in stone yet, but I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect of working for him. I have been at my current job for just shy of 10 years and I'm kind of just over it. It doesn't help with all the other crap going on there, but I've thought about it plenty and the idiot next to me is not the reason I want to change jobs. If I take this new position, the work will be more challenging and higher quality. It would be a bit of a risk to leave the cushiness of my current position, but in the long run a good move career-wise.

I am going to spend a few minutes catching up on your blogs and then I'm headed to bed. Hopefully, I'm going to be able to take the little one to school and be able to go back to work tomorrow.

7 Comments:

  • Wow. I'm glad that your kid is doing well with the chicken pox. Poor baby.

    Really, you deserve the sympathy. Good luck with everything.

    By Blogger m.a., at August 08, 2006 11:41 PM  

  • Bless your heart. That's all I got ~ but it's all yours.

    By Blogger BostonPobble, at August 10, 2006 12:27 AM  

  • True. Vaccinations don't protect against getting it. I had all of those things as a kiddie, but never got the mumps, knockonwood. I say take the new job. I'm guilty myself of staying in positions too long, held by the wrong reasons (money, perks, whatever,) and in retrospect it's never worth the bad stuff in place, as in your current job. Make the jump. See what happens. Worst come to worst, you have to look again if things don't work out, but at least you are liberated from what you hate.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at August 10, 2006 1:48 PM  

  • My mother was a fan of the "get it over with now" school pf parenting.

    There were a lot of shared lollypops during times of illness.

    The only one we didn't go thru together was lice (5th grade girls do each other's hair at recess.)

    Oh boy, I can't wait for those day.

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at August 13, 2006 3:51 PM  

  • Can you tell I am sick from my recent post?

    I SO AM!

    (Can't wait for those days, btw.)

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at August 13, 2006 3:52 PM  

  • I can't wait until chickenpox visits our household. It was so much fun when I had it as a child.

    There's always hope: school starts up in about two weeks.

    By Blogger cs, at August 15, 2006 3:38 PM  

  • M.A. Thanks for your kind thoughts

    Pobble: It's been fun let me tell you.

    Cube: I'm pretty sure I'm going for it!

    Playful: I'm of the same school as your mom minus the shared lollipops. I just really need to get some work done.

    Cuff: I know you hate the "burbs, but feel free to bring your kiddies on over to our house. We can totally hook them up with the pox.

    More soon. I'm trying to get caught up at the office.

    By Blogger Blue Dog Art, at August 15, 2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home