Blue Dog Art & Design

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blue Monday

Yesterday I lost it twice at work as well as while driving home in the car. My coworker has small cell lung cancer that has metastisized in his brain, throat, lymph nodes and liver. They will treat him with radiation and then chemo. Being in the office and walking past his office is creepy. I need to call him or at least his wife, but I'm afraid I'll lose it on the phone and I don't want that to happen. I'm trying to muster up all my courage to be supportive. That is all I have for now. Sorry for being a downer today.

4 Comments:

  • Oh. That's awful. And if you do cry, it's okay. Your friend and his wife know that you care and this is an emotional time. Good luck, BDA.

    By Blogger m.a., at July 18, 2006 10:53 AM  

  • I'm so sorry to hear this. Much warmth and positive energy is headed in your direction. Instead of calling, couldn't you send a card? Thinking about you. Take care.

    By Blogger Reya Mellicker, at July 18, 2006 11:12 AM  

  • I say make the call. Be brave. Look at what he is enduring. One past thing I've learned from being a caregiver to someone with a serious illness: people have a tendency to stay away from the sick one. It's almost like some primitive impulse kicks in where some unspoken fear exists that it will land on you. It's worse to find yourself later saying, "Why didn't I call him?"

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at July 18, 2006 1:30 PM  

  • M.A.: Thanks, you always know what to say.

    Reya: Thank you, your thoughts are appreciated. I sent an e-mail yesterday. Baby steps.

    Cube: It is mostly that I feel so bad about what is happening to him and I just don't know what to say. You are right though and I don't want to have that regret. Thanks.

    By Blogger Blue Dog Art, at July 19, 2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home