Blue Dog Art & Design

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Tuesday Night List

1. Last week I seriously wanted to strangle "F.I" (the remainder of the brain trust).

2. My boss left for vacation.

3. Last week I snapped and told the director about every freakin issue that I have with "F.I." What will be interesting will be to see what and if he does anything about it.

4. Friday I went with my son on a field trip to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and we checked out the dinosaurs. They also have what looks to be a swell exhibit about Lewis & Clark that I want to go back to see.

5. After the field trip, I blew off the rest of the day and did not go back to work. (Yes, it is that effing bad at work).

6. Friday, I also called and talked to my dear sick coworker. What a relief to finally talk to him.

7. I am taking the rest of this week off work. (Yes, it is that effing bad.)

8. Today I went to visit a friend who has started working a block from my office. He wants me to come work with him. I have my long weekend to talk to my husband and decide if it is the right move for me.

9. My dear sick coworker had his first of six chemo treatments today.

4 Comments:

  • make the best decision for yourself. Don't work somewhere that makes you miserable.

    By Blogger m.a., at August 02, 2006 12:07 PM  

  • I love going on field trips with my son and I can't tell you how much I've really wanted to just bag work the past two weeks. Of course, I think that's more about anticipating my vacation coming up this next week than anything else.

    Good luck with your decision making.

    By Blogger cs, at August 02, 2006 2:34 PM  

  • Each situation is unique, but I would initially advise against working with a friend, depending on the circumstances. If things go wrong, you can lose not only work but a friendship.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at August 02, 2006 5:41 PM  

  • I'm glad you spoke to your friend. It must have been great for both of you. As for work, well you are getting signs that maybe it's time to wind this one down and find a new one, do you think?

    By Blogger Reya Mellicker, at August 03, 2006 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home