Blue Dog Art & Design

Monday, September 18, 2006

HA! Hey Braintrust...See YA!!!

Let's get right to it! Last Wednesday was my last day at my old job and DAMN did it feel good. I did find myself a little sad, but after sitting and listening to her crack her chewing gum and talk all day to her idiot husband, it was great to walk out the door. She even offered to help carry some stuff to my car (I'll give a smidge of credit for that).

Anyway, I took Thursday and Friday as vacation and we packed the boys and the dog up and headed off to PA for the weekend. We took the boys to their first Penn State game and they had a blast. I have to say the game got off to a slow start, but the Nittany Lions found their way on the field to defeat Youngstown State. In reality, I think we should have dominated them more than we did, but I'll take the win even if it wasn't the waxing it should have been. It sure was better than the mess that ocurred in South Bend the week before.

Today was my first day at the new job and it turns out I was nervous, which was a surprise to me. I guess I just really want to do a good job and was worried about disappointing my friend. It has also been a hellva long time since I have experienced a "first day" at a new job. I did have to stop by the old office to approve a proof on the magazine and the director asked if he could help me bring my things back to my office. I guess he's in a bit of denial. It has been nice to know how much they have appreciated me and my work. Even if they had counter-offered, I don't think I would have wanted to stay. Besides, I would have only stayed if they threw a ridiculous amount of money and fired my braintrust girl, which probably wouldn't have happened.

My Steelers are playing now so I'm going to watch more of the game and go to bed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home