Blue Dog Art & Design

Friday, April 07, 2006

Fabulous Friday



My week has been insane. We have our annual National Leadership Conference coming up next month at Disney and I've been busy getting all our printed materials prepared, approved by Disney and off to press. Plus, I have a magazine in production right now and let me just tell you that the "brain trust" is in its full glory. (One is off today through Tuesday, then the other one leaves next Wed. to go to Hawaii for a week.) OK, if this is the busiest time of the year, should you be taking your vacation in the middle of it? I think not. But they don't think and that's why I call them the brain trust so why am I surprised. Whatever.

My oldest son has his very first soccer game scheduled for tomorrow morning. Unfortunately it seems there is a good chance it will be rained out. You have no idea how heartbreaking this is to a four- (almost) five-year-old (and his parents). As much as we need the rain, I hope it allows for the games in the morning. Another bit of kid news for you is that he also had his first Karate belt test yesterday and he passed. He's very excited to have his new gold stripe belt.



In honor of Friday, I am posting one of my latest creations and personally my new favorite piece. I made the fused piece and then created a triple strand necklace. I am having too much fun with the fusing. Buying glass can be addicting and expensive. I have made a serious effort to avoid eBay lately. Anyway, I hope you like the piece and that you have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

  • I hope that your son gets to play soccer tomorrow. How sweet is he!

    By Blogger m.a., at April 07, 2006 10:14 AM  

  • My son's soccer match was rained out...probably yours too. It was disappointing, especially as there won't be any games this weekend either.

    I had to give up on ebay after I found myself compulsively looking for antique house furnishings and hardware...

    By Blogger cs, at April 10, 2006 12:10 PM  

  • Pretty.

    Did he get to play?

    By Blogger mysterygirl!, at April 12, 2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home